Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Most Read Authors | Top Ten Tuesday

Share it Please
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme originating from The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they choose topics that we are supposed to create a list about, considering our personal reading preferences.



This Week: ITS FREEBIE WEEK!
I decided to torture you guys by telling you who my most read authors are and spilling out my feelings for them. Enjoy!

10. Mari Mancusi (Blood Coven Series)
My heart! She made me fall in love with vampires. I read her series around the same time I read Princess Diaries for the first time and they both had a lasting impression on me. Thanks Mari!

9. Jodi Picoult (Handle With Care, Second Glance)
The Queen of character development! You can tell that she studied Creative Writing because her writing is just over the top amazing! Her characters are real, at least they feel that way and her insanely long novels are always an adventure. She'll hit you right in the face with emotion while still having another plot twist around the corner. I want to be as good as her one day.

8. S.G. Browne (Breathers, Fated)
He's the man for everything comedy and satire. He never ceases to make me laugh and his ideas are equally crazy and likeable. 

7. Sophie Kinsella (Remember Me, Twenties Girl, I've Got Your Number)
Sophie's my girl. My go-to-source for all things Chick-Lit and definitely a happy-go-lucky author! Whenever I'm down I reach for a Kinsella book and I always make sure to have at least one on my shelves in case of a feelings emergency. Thanks Sophie, you're the bomb!

6. David Levithan (Boy Meety Boy, The Lover's Dictionary, Every Day, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares)
My favourite LGBTQ* author, hands down. I will only trust him with these matters because he has got it down! I will read all his novels and I love, love, love and look up to the way he writes. He's truly an artist.

5. Cornelia Funke (Inkworld Trilogy, Igraine The Brave)
My favourite childhood author. She's amazing and I dearly regret growing out of her novels. I loved both the Inkworld Series and Igraine the Brave. I still catch myself rereading the latter even when I'm way out of the group she's aiming at. She contributed to making my childhood reading experience a happy one and I will always be grateful for that, even as an adult.

4. Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Series)
Yo. I'm not ashamed of this. I loved Twilight back when it was released and I probably have seen the movie close to 70 times. Pretty sure that's even an understatement, because I literally know the entire dialogue from side characters to main characters. While I do understand the problematics in this series, I still have to admit that I had an amazing time reading this series and I wouldn't trade it in for the world. I was indeed very young when I read it ~ around 12-14, but I never even for one second let the toxic relationship between Bella and Edward cloud my decisions. Even at that age I understood that it's fiction and hey, to me it's a nice series. So thanks, Stephenie, I don't care what the haters say.

3. Meg Cabot (Princess Diaires Series, Abandon Series, Insatiable)
Meg is my queen. She hasn't only written the one book that had the most impact on me as a child (Princess Diaries #1), but is also an amazing, amazing writer. I've always loved her witty, funny style that isn't shallow like most authors tend to slip into - but it always carries a message. Her novels are more than just about the characters, every novel lets you learn something new and I think that's what every writer should aspire to achieve. I will probably never be able to find the right words to express how much she helped me in life and I will always, always, always be loyal to her. Even when she writes shitty novels like "Insatiable", my god was that bad.

2. Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux Series)
Insert heavy breathing. This woman, I swear. You guys know that I'm crazy for everything she does and I'm just wobbling around on my seat thinking about the other novels she wrote. I will most definitely read everything she'll ever write and I will probably reread the Lux Series over and over again until the day I die. It's a guilty pleasure really, but I don't feel guilty at all. Bless her.

1. L.J. Smith (Vampire Diaries Series, Stefan's Diaries Series, The Forbidden Games Series)
Well, she kind of cheated to get to first place, because I hopelessly fell in love with The Vampire Diaries. Whether it's the show or her novels, bring it on! I even wrote fan fiction about the characters in this, don't remind me ... it seems whatever this woman touches, turns into gold. Her novel series The Secret Circle even got turned into another TV show. It's funny how some authors can write whatever the heck they want and there's still people like me who'll clap and bow. Thanks, L.J.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god I feel the exact same way about Meg Cabot. I love her but insatiable and her abandon trilogy were not her best work. I still love her writing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Levithan, Meyer, and Smith. Levithan is easily my favorite!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...