Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Favorite Authors of All Time | Top Ten Tuesday

Share it Please




In this week's #TTT I talk about my ten favorite authors and why I love them and their work! 

I'll be linking the work by them that I've reviewed so far as well in case you're curious.



10. Jim Beaver
He's only written one novel and that one broke my heart. I am dying for him to pick up the pen again and write something new, because my copy is slowly falling to pieces. An insanely talented man.
Novel: Life's That Way

9. Lissa Price
She's not only a very lovely person, but has also written one of the most amazing debut novels I have encountered so far. I could not put the series down, no matter how hard I wanted to. And the worst thing is: I usually don't even read thrillers and action-packed stuff.
Novels: Starters (#1)   /  Enders (Starters #2)


8. L.J. Smith
Oh, how I loved her Vampire Diaries Series! Sadly, the series got worse as it went on (because it was ruined by a terrible ghost writer, but let's keep that for another post). I'm so glad I started reading her older novels, because they are just as wonderful as my memory of her Vampire Diaries Series. She builds worlds like no other.
Novels: The Craving (Stefan's Diaries #3)  /  The Hunter

7. Richelle Mead
Razorbill 2013 Cover
She broke me with her Vampire Academy Series. I have been in a massive reading slump ever since I read them and I don't think any fictional world can ever capture me that hard again. She ruined me and set the bar way too high for any vampire literature to come.
Novels: Vampire Academy (#1)  /  Frostbite (VA #2)  /  Shadow Kiss (VA #3)  /  Blood Promise (VA #4)  / Spirit Bound (VA #5)  / Homecoming  (VA #6.5)

6. Meg Cabot
I grew up with Meg. Not literally, but her Princess Diaries novels got me through high school. It's the only novel I own that I've read so many times that the pages are starting to come loose but I'll never ever get rid of that book.
Novels: The Princess Diaries  /  Insatiable  / Underworld (Abandon #2) / Abandon (Abandon #1)

5. David Levithan
God bless assigned reading. I read his first novel at university for a course and since then I've fallen hopelessly in love. The world needs more LGBTQ* novels and this wonderful man is doing his contribution to fixing that beautifully.
Novels: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)  /  Every Day (#1)  /  The Lover's Dictionary

4. S.G. Browne
The funniest author I've read from so far. His novels are satirical masterpieces and he somehow always manages to come up with ideas that have crossed my own mind once or twice already. Guaranteed to make you snort while laughing!
Novels: Breathers: A Zombie's Lament  /  Fated
Entangled Teen 2012 Cover

3. Jennifer L. Armentrout
I fell hard and quickly for her Lux Series. I haven't read an entire series in a very long time and I read hers in about a month because I could not, for the life of me, put it down. She hasn't quite managed to live up to that series again, but she'll get there eventually.
Novels: Shadows (Lux #0.5)  /  Obsidian (Lux #1)  /  Onyx (Lux #2)  /  Opal (Lux #3)  /  Origin (Lux #4)  / Opposition (Lux #5)  /  Don't Look Back

2. Sophie Kinsella 
Sophie Kinsella is the pseudonym of Madeleine Wickham, who's definitely gone through a major transformation that you can clearly see in her novels. She's the author guaranteed to bring a smile to my face.
Novels: I've Got Your Number   /  Twenties Girl  /  Wedding Night

1. Jodi Picoult
I love her to death. Every single one of her novels is a work of art, carefully crafted and with a beautiful message. She writes novels about controversial topics, novels about things that other authors don't even bother with.
Novels:  Second Glance    /    Handle With Care


Have you read novels by those authors? 

What do you think of them? 

18 comments:

  1. I love Jodi Picoult. I can't wait to check out more of her stuff! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace @ Rebel Mommy BookBlogApril 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM

    Great list - I love Jodi Picoult and Jennifer L. Armentrout - and there a couple more I really want to read on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JLA is amazing! I think that the Starters and Enders duology really needs a third book. I didn't like the ending. Richelle Mead is also great!
    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 21, 2015 at 8:48 PM

    Oh nice! I love L.J. Smith too! I pretty much stopped once I heard a ghost writer was taking over the Vampire Diaries. So I read the first newer trilogy after the original 4 books. I have her "fan fiction" books to read on my kindle, but just haven't gotten to them yet!

    Looove Richelle Mead and Jennifer Armentrout too! And of course, Rowling! Always Rowling! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love David Levithan, Every Day was a brilliant read :-) Great list! Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi Picoult is on my list too! I've only read 5 of her books so far but at one point I was buying one everytime I saw one in a shop!

    My TTT: http://myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-and-top-ten-tuesday-21-april.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! I have two novels of hers on my TBR just waiting to be read and reviewed. I just love everything about her style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely have to check out the Lux Series and Second Glance if you haven't already - they're masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think the second book was really necessary if I'm honest. Maybe if there had been a different plot I'd agree with you but I really don't want to read about the weird romance that started in the second. You know what I mean, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, it's so sad! :( LJ is such a great writer and I love all her novels but the way the VD series turned out was just horrible!! OH, I haven't tried those fan fictions yet though. I'm a huge fan of the TV show so I don't think I'll be able to read another sequel without confusing everything haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant is such an understatement. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five, whoa! I wish. I've only read two or three. I've noticed that I have to be in a special mood to read a Picoult book. I think I'm going to try another soon though. Same, she's just one of those authors that I trust blindly, if I see her name on something, I'm gonna buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my aunts gave me all of Jodi Picoult's books but I've only read two because I don't think she can write more than two books that are that amazing, but she still made my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Which ones did you like? I really didn't believe in an author making me love each book I read, but she's really heading onto that road... I'm still going to have to read the other two I own until I can truly say everything she touches turns gold haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you read the entire Princess Diaries series? Loved that series so hilarious! Richelle Mead has been on many people's list, for obvious reason:) Sophie Kinsella! How did I forget her?! I've Got Your Number is hilariously awesome:)

    Here's my post:http://mylittlecornerforbooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/my-favorite-authors-of-all-time-are-ttt.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Only the first two. But I have read the first novel about thirty times (I'M SERIOUS) over the span of almost 8 years. I only got the second like a year ago and I don't think I'll be getting the third anytime soon. I'm definitely going to read the entire series eventually. I'm so glad there'S 32793792 books. I've Got Your Number is one of the best books I've read this year, absolutely agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read the pact and nineteen minutes. Do you have a suggestion for which one to read next?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...