Tuesday, June 2, 2015

10 Books I'd Love To See As Movies/TV Shows | Top Ten Tuesday

Share it Please


Harcourt Cover, 2008.
10. Graceling - Kristin Cashore (TV Show)
If Game of Thrones can do it, why not Graceling? Has there ever been a tv show set in a high fantasy universe with a female lead? Like, ever? Let me know in the comments if you can think of one.

9. Uglies - Scottt Westerfeld (Movie Series)

I think in this day and age it could actually be beneficial to society to get this turned into a movie series so we could get rid of all that superficial BS. 

8. Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins (Movie)

I just want badass teenage witches on screen again. How long has it been? Four score and a seven years for sure. I'd even be satisfied if you turn this into a horribly executed chick-flick like you did with Vampire Academy (RIP), that's how thirsty I am for witches.

7. Cinder - Marissa Meyer (Movie Series)

The world needs another movie series set in space and with that current trend in life-action fairytale movies this is our chance. I want the books to be made into movies and I demand a cast that's true to the books. 

6. Inkspell - Cornelia Funke (Movie)

What did you say? There is already a movie? I believe you must be mistaken, I don't think there's ever been a movie, I refuse to call this piece of ... I don't even know what to describe it as. Bottom line is, we deserve a remake for this epic, epic book series and this time, please do it right. 

5. Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick (Movie Series)

Angels. Give me some accurately represented frighteningly beautiful angels in their own movie. You'd think there's a market for that with all that vampire stuff that's been shoved down our throats for half a decade.

4. Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr (Tv show)

I don't think there's been a movie about faeries in ages. With exception of that god-awful fairy subplot in True Blood a few years ago of course. The world is ready for another movie series about faeries. Bring it on.

3. Starters - Lissa Price (Movie)

Razorbill Covers
It's James Bond with heels and guns. How can you say no to that? I believe there's even an online petition for it to become a movie going on somewhere.

2. Matched - Allie Condie (Movie)

Come on. Soulmate movies are never a bad idea.

1. Vampire Academy Series - Richelle Mead (TV Show, Movie Series, ANYTHING)

You saw this coming, admit it. I'm just so frustrated. How come the shadowhunters fandom gets both a tv show and a movie and we're stuck with a single shitty movie and major book hangovers? 


Which Book Do You NEED to Have Turned into a Movie ASAP?

27 comments:

  1. I had Uglies on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starters and Cinder! Both of them would make great movies, but as much as I liked Cinder, I actually think that Starters would be better on screen. There are a lot of deeper social issues in Starters. I haven't read Enders yet and really should make the time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot to add Uglies, because I already had two of Scott Westerfeld's other trilogies on my list! I totally agree with Graceling & Cinder, we need to see those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because it would make one kickass movie :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. STARTERS!!!! <3 More people need to read it, it's so awesome, I love that series. YES I absolutely agree. YoURE GOIGN TO LOSE IT!!! Enders is so good and full of twists and I just .. AHHH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, Westerfeld just knows what's up! I'm pretty sure they'd mess Graceling and Cinder up though because the books are just too good to be true....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica @ a GREAT readJune 2, 2015 at 1:22 PM

    I totally agree with you on Vampire Academy! Why couldn't that be turned into a TV show? I was hoping the movie would have more "epicness" to it. But yeah, the filmmakers just made it a mediocre film. Where's the "epicness"?!

    Hush Hush was being made into the movie or it was at least in the process but I think it was last year or the year before where it was botched and we're back at square 1 with needing someone to want to buy the rights. I think Becca has them again now.

    I thought Wicked Lovely was somewhere in the process of being made into a movie. Hopefully that one still remains true!

    Would love to see the Lunar Chronicles on the screen! And Hex Hall! Those books were hilarious and amazing!

    Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would indeed

    ReplyDelete
  9. It still doesn't keep me from rewatching the movie over and over and over. It's still a terrible movie though. BUT Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri is on point. Absolutely on point.
    It's sad how many YA novels there are that actually sold the rights but nothing is being done about it :/ I'd love to see Hex Hall and I think it has a lot of potential to be successful as a franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally found a Inkheart series fan and a hater of the movies! OMG,this is awesome! Where were you all my life?:) I love that series to death-I think it's one of the most unique and creative I've ever read, and the movies are horrible!

    The VA series so deserves a remake and with a better cast! And if they spoil Adrian, I am going to be really upset.

    Here's my list

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't mind seeing Uglies as a movie series. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paperback PrincessJune 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM

    New follower :)

    I love your choices, and there's not one in your list that I wouldn't have chosen myself. I actually have the Uglies series in My TTT.

    Hex Hall would also be good as a Tv series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paperback PrincessJune 2, 2015 at 2:47 PM

    I wonder when the next movie in the Vampire Academy series would be released, I didn't find the movie that bad, but it would have probably been better as a series, wouldn't be as rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Inkeart series was literally my life when I was like 13. I haven't dared to reread them yet because I'm so super scared that it won't be as good as I remember. Let's be honest here the Inkheart series is probably the first "really" unique fantasy series since like the 1920s.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Re: Fantasy show with a strong female lead... Um... Xena?! Obviously. Am I THAT old? Ugh. I still need to read most of these!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  16. EXCUSE YOU
    im not old and i watched Xena! I'm not old... I'm really not.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It won't, the script didn't make it. Sadly. It just won't in the style they chose, they made VA look like a teenage comedy rip off of all other vampire high school books there are. :/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Konstantina PapazoglouJune 2, 2015 at 4:37 PM

    I wonder why that Graceling hasn't been turned into a movie yet! My biggest wish would be for Artemis Fowl series to become movies.


    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha! Last semester at college a guy in my class said he was in elementary school when Lord of the Rings came out and that his MOM loved Galadriel. And I'm dead.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Especially with GoT hype you'd think that they'd try to make a YA fantasy book a tv show. Well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So with you on Graceling. I want all three of Cashore's books to be turned into films, but I'm so insanely protective of them - they have to be done right. But Game of Thrones has really set the bar high and shown what can be done on screen now, so I have high hopes they could do Graceling justice.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have sadly not read all of the books yet. Well that's the danger with movie adaptations. Either you take what you can get or you don't get anything at all. I hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still need to read Cinder! I haven't read any of these books sadly, but if they ever do become films- enjoy! :D Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree about VA completely! I would love it as TV Show!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...