Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard by Rick Riordan

Share it Please



Here's the deal: I know that this will probably not live up to Percy Jackson and I know that it's weird that he redoes the whole thing just with Norse gods again. But listen, I'm OBSESSED with mythology. 

Since YA authors are all over the Greeks, I haven't had the chance to dive into Norse mythology in fiction nearly as much as I would have liked to and THIS IS MY CHANCE. It's a guilty pleasure and yeah, I know that I'm not necessarily in the target audience. Shh.

Release Date: October 6th 2015 


Synopsis:

"Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother’s mysterious death, he’s lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.One day, he’s tracked down by a man he’s never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.

The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.

When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.

Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . "



What Are You Waiting On?


8 comments:

  1. Wow nice synopsis there! good pick! Just followed you on bloglovin'.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this author's books... They all sound amazing. I hope you like this one!

    Check out my WoW - http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-song-of-david-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica @ a GREAT readJune 17, 2015 at 8:34 PM

    Oh nice! Haven't read this author either but saw it earlier today at another WoW! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, do it. I thought I was too old to start the Percy Jackson series because the protagonist is, like, 12 and I'm a twenty-something, so... I was wrong. He writes so amazingly well and funny and I'm a sucker for mythology anyways. ;) Give it a try, you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really?? I'm surprised that so many people haven't tried his books yet, he's sooooo good! If you're into gods and myths and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I've still not read anything by Rick RIordan... I'm so behind!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...