Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett

Share it Please



This reminds me of a more bloody and gory version of Beautiful Creatures.
The creepy ancestor, the messed up love between a human and something supernatural - I'm digging it!

Also, every novel that has the word alchemy in its synopsis definitely has my attention.

Pages: 352
Publisher: GP Putnam's Sons Books
Release Date: September 22nd 2015


Genre: YA/ Horror

Synopsis:

"“When you fall in love, you will carve out your heart and throw it into the deepest ocean. You will be all in—blood and salt.”

These are the last words Ash Larkin hears before her mother returns to the spiritual commune she escaped long ago. But when Ash follows her to Quivira, Kansas, something sinister and ancient waits among the rustling cornstalks of this village lost to time.

Ash is plagued by memories of her ancestor, Katia, which harken back to the town’s history of unrequited love and murder, alchemy and immortality. Charming traditions soon give way to a string of gruesome deaths, and Ash feels drawn to Dane, a forbidden boy with secrets of his own.

As the community prepares for a ceremony five hundred years in the making, Ash must fight not only to save her mother, but herself—and discover the truth about Quivira before it’s too late. Before she’s all in—blood and salt."

What Are You Waiting On? 







Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine in which I will showcase an amazing book that I'm currently waiting on

11 comments:

  1. Grace @ Rebel Mommy BookBlogJuly 15, 2015 at 8:27 PM

    Sounds super interesting and love the cover - great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! This was my WoW awhile back! I was actually offered a copy of the ARC via Edelweiss (or whatever) but... yeah, that never pulled through. I don't understand how people can use that system! Anyway, back on topic, this book looks amazing! I hope you get a copy soon! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaaaaat??? Why didn't you take it? I never used Edelweiss, I don't even have an ereader, I prefer physical books.^^
    Honestly, I'm itching for a good horror read. This better be good when it comes out because I am getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I just saw this book mentioned in the recent guest post (and giveaway!!) on my blog! That cover is positively creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait are you doing a giveaway on that one?? Gotta check your blog again, I can't believe I missed this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is and that's why I'm so excited, I love creepy books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it's new, just up! unfortunately US only

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this sounds good! Kind of makes me think of Children of the Corn for some reason. "He who walks behind the rows..." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO excited for this one too!! I've heard this horror book is really good and that there is a swoony guy in it :) Nice pick!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...