Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Books Out of My Comfort Zone That I Enjoyed

Share it Please





I'm really very weird when it comes to books out of my comfort zone. I like reading what I know and love, which is mainly bad vampire books, greek mythology retellings, and chick-lit.

But once in a while I try out new genres and happen to like them. So here are the books that opened my eyes for their respective genres.










 7. LIFE'S THAT WAY: A MEMOIR - Jim Beaver

This is a memoir about a man's wife dying of cancer. I usually don't read memoirs or anything involving loss and grief. I'm so glad I did. This is one of my favorite books now.

6. ANATOMY LESSON - Matt Spadafora

Again, not a fan of memoirs and non-fiction, and even less when they're short stories. But I truly enjoyed this one, a collection of a couple funny, and sometimes sad short stories centered around the human body.


 5. ME BEFORE YOU - Jojo Moyes

Usually you can chase me with romance novels. This one is about a woman becoming a carer for a quadriplegic misanthrope. This book broke my heart. Read it.

4. SECOND GLANCE - Jodi Picoult

I'm not a fan of crime thrillers. I really just read a few adult books these days. So glad I did because this woman is now one of my favorite authors and this book has become my favorite.


3. LOVING - Katrin Bongard

I don't read contemporary unless you put a gun to my head. At least that was my opinion before I encountered this wonderful Pride and Prejudice retelling about a book blogger. Wow.

2. THE LOVER'S DICTIONARY - David Levithan

This book is told in dictionary entries. It doesn't get more out of my comfort zone than this. I absolutely fell in love. Read this.



1. READY PLAYER ONE - Ernest Cline

I never stop talking about this book, I know. It's just... I don't know anything about 80s pop culture, I'm super iffy about sci-fi, and then this one comes along and completely shatters my world. So. Good.




Did you enjoy some books out of your comfort zone?


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme originating from The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they choose topics that we are supposed to create a list about, considering our personal reading preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...