Thursday, February 4, 2016

You're A Terrible Blogger Because You Don't Post Every Day | Book Blogging Tips (#37)

Share it Please




For some reason there seems to be the general idea that book bloggers have to read 24/7. Read between classes/at work, read in our free time, read before bed. We aren’t casual readers, we read obscene amounts of books. Are we even human?

Book Bloggers are reading machines…?

I was approached by authors who thought that they were doing me a favor providing me with reading material because I might run out. As ridiculous as this sounds, this isn’t even a rare thing. I’ve heard this quite a couple of times. Ha.

MT0JxQ

Just because we like to read and are very public about liking to read, this does not mean that we aren’t human beings. Some of us are students, some of us have full-time jobs, some of us don't. Please don't look left and right and panic when you see other blogger publish multiple posts per day and always be on top of the new releases.

We aren't all the same. We aren't all reading 24/7. Some read a book a month, some read 10, and that's absolutely okay. Because guess what? We're all different human beings. Individuals. Ever heard of that word?
Don’t ever let anyone tell you you’re not a good blogger because you aren’t doing everything the same way everyone else is!!!

But other bloggers post more than you….

When I started out, all I did was post reviews. I mean it. A review a day. I felt bad when I didn't read more than 2 books a week. I was a reading machine. And that lead to me having tremendous problems later on. Reading slumps everywhere, panicking when I didn’t fulfill my self-invented quota.

Don’t do this like me.
Don't let the pressure get to you.
Don't ever feel like you have to read a certain amount of books or publish a certain amount of reviews to qualify as a good blogger. This is bullshit.

You're a good blogger, whether you post 0, 1 or 100 reviews a month. And you know why?

Because BLOGS just like PEOPLE are individual. I can give you as many tips as I want and try to make it easier for you but at the end of the day, you're the one blogging. You're the one making decisions. And they're right no matter what, because in that instant it works for you.

Post once a month, or post hundred times a month, whatever works for you.



Come back next Thursday for a new Book Blogging Tips Post!

More:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...