Tuesday, May 17, 2016

10 Books I Picked Up Because They Were Recommended (Some Still on my TBR!) | Top Ten Tuesday

Share it Please





Sometimes I pick up books without really being interested in them. Sometimes this works out and I end up loving them. Sometimes not so much.



10. TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE - Jenny Han
I've been urged to read this so often, it's time.

9. TALON - Julie Kagawa
I had no idea that this was about dragons and this is moving up quite a bit on my TBR now! Probably will read this next, I'm trying to read lots of high fantasy books right now anyway.

8. DREAMLAND - Sarah Dessen
I am just not ready to stop reading Dessen books. I probably won't like this either, let's face it. But so many people have told me that this is her best work. I really want to like this.





7. CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS (TMI #4) - Cassandra Clare
I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I don't like this series. I'm currently rereading (or torturing myself) through the third novel and very likely will read this one, too. *sighs*

6. CRUEL BEAUTY - Rosamund Hodge
Everyone and their moms gushed about this last year. Well.

5. THE DARKEST MINDS - Alexandra Bracken
I think Bracken is such a talented writer but this book is horrible. It's just such a typical debut novel and I'm so disappointed and sad that I didn't like it.






4. A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC - V.E. Schwab
Schwab has been on my list for so long, her books all have fantastic premises. And because a dear friend of mind loved this to bits, I decided that I have to read this.

3. MOSQUITOLAND - David Arnold
I keep seeing people mention this all the time and I'm very weak on my contemporary game right now, so yeah, bring it on!

2. UPROOTED - Naomi Novik
This is such a good book. Happy I listened to my friend and read this!





1. THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL - Soman Chainani

I am pretty sure this a middle grade book. Regardless, I think the premise is just too interesting to give this one up. Good/Evil binaries are my kryptonite.




Have you read some of these?



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme originating from The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they choose topics that we are supposed to create a list about, considering our personal reading preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...