Tuesday, December 6, 2016

10 New-To-Me Authors Whose Books I Loved in 2016 feat. Melissa Landers, Sylvain Neuvel & more | Top Ten Tuesday

Share it Please



All of these people write fantastic books and contributed to making 2016 a *great* reading year for me. Looking forward to all their new releases.




Louise Gornall
She absolutely slayed me with her fantastic and beautiful debut UNDER ROSE-TAINTED SKIES. A must-read for anyone who has an invisible illness.

Julia Ember
She forever won my heart through UNICORN TRACKS. The first fantasy novel set in an African setting that felt authentic to me and that I wholeheartedly loved. Also it features lesbians. She's got a couple more queer books coming in 2017 and I can't wait!

Meg Haston
I've absolutely loved PAPERWEIGHT. So much that I actually read it *twice* this year. Such a raw and beautiful and courageous story about a girl with an eating disorder. A must-read if you can handle dark contempories. I can't wait for her next release in 2017, counting the days!




Moïra Fowley-Doyle 
My god, this woman is an artist. Her writing is insanely beautiful. Her magical realism debut THE ACCIDENT SEASON really convinced me to keep reading her books because of her writing style. She's got something involving witches coming in 2017 and I've already put my spyglasses on, I'm waiting.

Melissa Landers
I really liked ALIENATED and will probably read STARFLIGHT soon. I'm a sucker for YA aliens, this was just a matter of time until we two cross paths. She totally snagged the YA alien throne from JLA for me. But psst. 

April Genevieve Tucholke
It's been months and I'm still not over the brilliance that is WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT. I love her writing style and ideas so much.



Zoraida Córdova
Y'all know how much I love LABYRINTH LOST, considering that I can't stop talking about it. I'm dying to get my hands on the sequels, we all need more bisexual Latina witches in our lives

Sarah Crossan
ONE and APPLE & RAIN both absolutely shattered me emotionally. I plan on reading a lot more books by her, she's just such an extradordinary feel for her characters. My new contemporary queen and a worthy addition to my list of favorite authors!

Sylvain Neuvel
SLEEPING GIANTS was the cause of the biggest reading slump I've had. I think, ever. This book absolutely killed me, I'm writing this from the afterlife. I need book two. Like, yesterday.




Claudia Gray
Of course we cannot forget the author of my favorite book series in the entire world. A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU was all I talked about mid-2016 and will probably forever be a favorite. I just love a good parellel universe novel.


Which authors slayed you with their brilliance in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...