Here are my Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for 2016! Can't believe the year is about to end.
10. FIRSTLIFE – Gene Showalter: Life after death has always fascinated me, I can’t wait.
9. STARFLIGHT – Melissa Landers: I feel like everyone in the blogosphere has either already read this or heard of it. I need it, I’m a sucker for everything space.
8. HEARTLESS – Marissa Meyer: I haven’t read her Lunar Chronicles, but since she’s coming out with a new fairytale-ish retelling next year, I’m going to hop on the band waggon!
7. THE GIRL FROM EVERYWHERE – Heidi Heilig: I just love everything time travel and this sounds like it might teach me a lot about different cultures. I’m ready!
6. PASSENGER – Alexandra Bracken: Pirates. I’m not passing up a pirate read, come on.
5. RIDERS – Veronica Rossi: The minute this was announced, I was ready. I love the riders of the apocalypse and every single fictionalized version of them. Gimme.
3. HEIR TO THE SKY – Amanda Sun: The synopsis made me laugh. Apparently, in this one someone falls off the edge of the world. I don’t even need to know more, this got me hooked. Oh my god.
2. WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT – April Genevieve Tucholke: Unreliable narrators and magical realism: How to hook me 101.
1. THE LAST BEGINNING – Lauren James:
Good news, I will be shutting up about James’ debut THE NEXT TOGETHER soon, because the sequel is about to be published! If you love time travel and strange internet humor, I strongly suggest this brilliant read! Okay, but the sequel has a lesbian couple as protagonists (if I’m not mistaken) and I think I was born ready for this.
(no this is not the final cover, it was the only edit I could find so I wasn't forced to make a godawful one myself in paint.
Expected publication: November 2016 by Walker Books