It's been a fun week with you guys and I'd like to thank everyone that helped their fellow bloggers improve! You guys rock! I have learned so many new things I didn't know before that I decided to put it all in one spot so you (and I) can look back and memorize the important new lessons by heart.
So here's what I learned:
...about The Book Blogging Community
- It might seem scary at first to talk to other bloggers, but they are all very nice and willing to help
- It's absolutely okay to go ask a fellow blogger for help
- Promoting your blog is fine, but don't overdo it
- Treat your fellow blog the way you'd want yours to be treated and you shall reap the rewards (actually read other blog posts and write comments that make sense and people will notice you)
- Social media is cool, try to make friends and don't be shy
- We want to get to know you, so be yourself.
- Other bloggers are your friends, not your rivals.
....about Blog Design
- Pop-ups aren't nice
- Have a proper comment system! (Disquis, Wordpress, but DON'T use IntenseDebate, nobody likes it)
- If you have CAPTCHA and you're wondering why you don't get comments: There's your problem.
- You have to declutter your side bar. Just do it.
- Make compromises. What you like isn't necessarily what's the most practical for your blog.
- Less is more
...about My Personal Blogging Experience
- Taste varies, but there are a few rules you have to follow
- Listen to your fellow bloggers, even if you might be hesitant about their advice. They're usually right.
- Blogger burnout exists- don't stress yourself
- You don't have to live up to anyone's expectations but your own
- Scheduling is your friend
Other Spring Bloggiesta Posts:
I can definitely say that this Bloggiesta was a success for me and that I'm definitely going to participate again next time. Thank you all for making this a great experience.